My passion for food began at a young age, when I became obsessed with The Food Network and began preparing three course meals for my family by age thirteen. As I grew older, I became fascinated with the intersection of diet and health, and chose to study Dietetics for my undergraduate degree. At the same time, I started to do more of my own personal research about food, diet and health. I began to notice discrepancies between what I was discovering about the important ethical, environmental, and health implications of our food choices, with what I was being taught in class. I decided to take my education into my own hands, and pave my own way as an expert in holistic nutrition. I moved to Austin, TX and enrolled in the Natural Epicurean Academy of Culinary Arts, a culinary school rooted in the belief that food is medicine. At the Natural Epicurean, I was professionally trained in the use of food for specific health-conditions, and how to prepare delicious cuisine without the use of gluten, dairy, refined sugar, and processed ingredients. I also studied plant-based nutrition, the benefits of raw/living foods, how to heal the body with Macrobiotics, and the ancient theories and practices of Ayurveda.
I have expanded my studies into several other healing modalities such as herbalism, yoga, meditation and life coaching. I combine my breadth of knowledge and experience to educate and empower individuals about the benefits of a whole foods, plant-based lifestyle through personalized cooking instruction, nutrition consultations and holistic health coaching. I firmly believe that when we tap into the power of natural medicine, healthy foods, and holistic lifestyle practices, we become the most vital and dynamic versions of ourselves, and lead more fulfilling and empowered lives.
Education and Certifications:
- 2018: Holistic Health Coach, Datura Life Coaching
- 2018: Kitchen Witchery: Introductory Herbalism Course, Sacred Journey School of Herbalism
- 2017: Professional Culinary Instructor, CRAFT, Austin, TX
- 2017: Co-active Coaching Curriculum Courses, Coaches Training Institute
- 2017: Certified 200-hour Yoga Teacher
- 2017: Certified Breathe for Change Wellness Champion
- 2016: Certified Professional Chef, Natural Epicurean Academy of Culinary Arts
- 2015: Organic Agriculture Fellow, Urban Adamah, Berkeley, CA
- 2014: Bachelor of Science, Dietetics, University of Maryland, College Park
- 2012: Completion of College Park Scholars, Global Public Health Program