Happy Turkey/Tofurkey Day, Rising Spiral Gang!
Today, we are thankful for strong hands, earnest hearts, healthy bodies, and most importantly—for YOU! Thank you, thank you, thank you for supporting a local business and committing to a pain-free lifestyle at Rising Spiral. Working with you means we never really have to go to work!
In honor of the national celebration of gratitude and giving, we are happy to announce a few big changes around the studio—changes designed to make your experience at Rising Spiral the best it can possibly be.
1. In response to many of your requests for more efficient appointment-building software, we have now converted from FullSlate to Mind Body. This new system makes it easy to schedule a recurring appointment, save appointments to your Google calendar, add yourself to a wait list for specific days/times, and save your credit card information to expedite check-out without interrupting your massage buzz. You can still schedule your appointment just by clicking the “Book Your Appointment Now” button on our website at risingspiralmassage.com, OR you can visit our Mind Body site directly at https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/classic/home?studioid=280805. You will be prompted to create an account prior to scheduling. Be sure to sign in under the “New to our Site?” prompt rather than signing in via Facebook. All of your previous client information (contact info, appointment history, session notes) has been transferred to Mind Body, so after you enter your first and last name, the software will locate your account; just select “This is me!” when your name appears. Please let us know if you have any questions about navigating this amazing new software, and please be patient with us as we navigate the learning curve ourselves!
2. Beginning December 1, we are replacing group classes with…..drum roll please…. YOGA HAPPY HOUR! At 8 AM and 9:30 AM on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, we will offer one hour of personalized Sridaiva instruction in one of our therapy rooms for half-off our usual price. One-hour individualized yoga therapy sessions are usually $105, but appointments made at 8 or 9:30 AM will be discounted to $52.50/hour. If this price increase is too much for your budget, feel free to invite a friend and split the rate. At $26.25 per person, this two-person private class would only be $6.25 more than you would usually pay in a group class setting—and it would be twice as tailored to your needs. (Maximum of two people per private class. Please be aware that a two-person class will be a tight but cozy fit in our therapy room.) For even greater savings, purchase a package of 4 happy hour classes for $200. Kate will be offering YOGA HAPPY HOUR Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings at 8 and 9:30. YOGA HAPPY HOUR with Natasha will be available at 8 and 9:30 AM on Saturday only.
3. Get ready for some serious luxury before and after your appointment: this weekend, we are classing up the studio with an expanded waiting room, tea bar, and reception area. Kate Campbell-Kennedy will also be joining us as an office administrator/”bringer-of-client-joy” for the month of December. Be sure to say hello and welcome her to the team on your way to and from your massage! She will begin offering her services as a massage therapist and bodyworker beginning in January.
4. Just a reminder: Julia will be raising her rates as of January 1. The new price structure for bodywork with Julia for all 2016 appointments will be as follows:
60 minutes: $130
90 minutes: $165
120 minutes: $200
If Julia’s new rates don’t quite fit your budget, consider giving Natasha or Kate a try. Natasha and Kate’s rates will remain at the same low rate, and Natasha is now offering $20 off your first massage with her until the New Year.
5. You may notice that the building is now locked between appointments. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience if you have to wait outside prior to your session. Two weeks ago, we had another burglary during business hours, and we are doing our best to safeguard our oasis until the thief is caught. We are revamping our security system and exploring alternative long-term solutions. Thanks for your patience, and for keeping our safety a priority!
6. And last but not least: I’d like to share my New Year’s Resolution in advance. For the past several years, some of the most inspirational, prolific people I know have recommended reading Julia Cameron’s The Artist’s Way. It’s a 12-week program designed to help you discover and honor your inner artist with daily and weekly exercises that challenge you to put your creativity to use. Like most people, I blame limited time and the chaos of life for my inability to get wicked creative and make art happen on a regular basis. When bills are due, playing with colors and words and fantasy in general seems like a childhood luxury. Adulting gets in the way. So, beginning January 1, I am making a life resolution to read Julia Cameron’s The Artist’s Way and give the artist-child I used to be the space and time to shine. But she needs accountability! Join me? I’d love to offer my space at Rising Spiral for a FREE meet-up group of men and women who have also been putting that novel, that paint palette, or that super groovy macramé pants-suit on the back burner for way too long. I am thinking one evening a week–maybe Monday nights from 8 to 9 PM–where we would book-club The Artists Way, share our projects, and encourage/inspire/challenge each other to play and create. Are you in? If so, reply to this email and tell me what days/times work best for you!
Thanks again for giving us the opportunity to share our passion and our skill with you. See you soon on the table, in your power, on the rise!
The Rising Spiral Team